Supported Independent Living (SIL)

The process of helping individuals with disabilities live as independently as possible. It involves providing support services that enable people with disabilities to make decisions, manage their own lives, and participate in their communities.

Supported independent living can be provided in a variety of settings such as residential homes, group homes, or even supported apartments. It is important for those with disabilities to have access to these services to lead fulfilling lives and reach their full potential.

Who can access SIL support?

SIL Support

SIL support is available to individuals and families with a disability, including those with physical, intellectual, and developmental disabilities. To access SIL support, individuals must be eligible for the Commonwealth Disability Support Pension and be assessed as requiring SIL support services by the NDIS. The NDIS also requires that individuals are eligible for supported independent living in the SIL Support Category, meaning that they have a disability that impacts their ability to live independently in the community. 

SIL support services can include assistance with activities of daily living, such as getting dressed, meal preparation, and home maintenance. It can also include access to specialist support services such as clinical psychology and physio. Regardless of their disability, SIL support can provide individuals and their families with a sense of security, independence, and freedom of living in their own homes. This support can make a huge difference in the lives of people with disabilities and their families.

So if you’re eligible, don’t hesitate to access the SIL support services available to you.

What’s the difference between Specialist Disability Accommodation and Supported independent living?

Supported independent living (SIL) and Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) are two types of accommodation options for people with disabilities. While both provide support to people with disabilities, there are some key differences between the two.

Supported independent living is a type of accommodation that provides support to people with disabilities so that they can live as independently as possible in their own homes or apartments. On the other hand, Specialist Disability Accommodation is a type of accommodation specifically designed for people with very high needs who require more intensive care and support. It is usually provided by specialist providers and includes additional features such as specialized equipment and accessibility modifications.

Both Supported independent living and Specialist Disability Accommodations can provide essential support to people with disabilities, but it’s important to understand the differences between them so you can choose the right option for your needs.

How does SIL funding work?

SIL funding is a type of financial support for start-ups and small businesses that are working on innovative projects. It is designed to help these businesses develop their ideas, build prototypes, and eventually launch their products in the market.

The SIL funding program provides grants to eligible businesses based on their project plans and goals. The amount of grant money available depends on the size of the business, its stage of development, and its potential for success. In addition to providing funds for research and development activities, SIL funding can also be used to purchase equipment or hire additional personnel.

sil funding

By taking advantage of SIL funding, small businesses can get the resources they need to bring their innovative ideas to life without having to worry about large upfront costs. This type of financial support can be a great way for companies to get started with their projects and increase their chances of success in the long run.

Who can help you with Supported Independent Living (SIL)?

Supported Independent Living (SIL) is an invaluable service for those who need assistance with everyday tasks. But who can help you with SIL? The answer is a variety of different people, from family members to professionals. Family members can provide emotional and moral support, as well as practical help. Professionals, such as care workers and specialist support workers, can offer tailored services and help with more complex tasks. Care workers can help with day-to-day activities, such as meal preparation, personal care, and medication. They can also help with managing finances and paperwork and provide social support. Specialist support workers can provide more in-depth assistance with health and social needs. They can also help with accessing other services, such as respite care, day programs, and community activities. So, if you or a loved one need help with SIL, there is a range of people who can help you.

Need help finding a Supported Independent Living provider?

Finding the right Supported Independent Living provider can be a daunting task. With so many providers out there, it can be difficult to know where to start.

Fortunately, there are resources available to help you find the best SIL provider for your needs. From online directories and referral services to support groups and professional organizations, you can easily find a SIL provider that meets your unique requirements. With the right resources and guidance, you can confidently make an informed decision about which SIL provider is best suited for you or your loved one’s needs.


To make an enquiry please call 180 031 6994 or click here

Day-Care-Program-Calender-c2c-2 copy